Welcome to Trafalgar Park
A fine Grade 1 Listed historic house situated near Salisbury, Wiltshire. Originally known as Standlynch Park, the centre 'villa' was built in 1733 for Sir Peter Vandeput by John James of Greenwich; Henry Dawkins MP acquired the Estate in 1766 adding the North & South wings - and the impressive Portico - by John Wood of Bath to many designs by Nicholas Revett, one of the founders of the British Greek Revival period. In 1813 Parliament voted to provide a suitable estate for the heirs of Admiral Lord Nelson and to commemorate the Battle of Trafalgar - so, following the death of Henry Dawkins, the vacant Estate was acquired for the new 1st Earl Nelson and re-named Trafalgar Park.
The Nelson family remained at Trafalgar Park until 1946; since then it has been a family home to several owners - currently by Michael Wade since 1995 via the Trafalgar Park Trust which he founded.
Trafalgar Park and it's original Standlynch Church ( founded in 1146 ) is perfectly situated within an English Heritage Listed Parkland overlooking the River Avon.
See HISTORY tab above for more information or visit GALLERIES for photographs.